Why Choose K-Guard Leaf Free Gutters
Will K-Guard Work on My Home?
One of the most common questions we get asked is whether or not K-Guard Rocky Mountians will be able to handle rainfall from steep pitched roofs. Watch K-Guard Co-owner, Carter Clond, demonstrate how K-Guard works on roofs of all pitches in this quick 90 second video.
K-Guard vs. Traditional (Open) Gutters
- Mounts above the flood plain, eliminating the possibility of gutter separation from rotting fascia boards and soffit.
- Large 4”x3” downspouts which can handle a minimum of 22 inches of rain per hour. Traditional gutters use 2”x3” downspouts which is too small for proper drainage in heavy precipitation (especially if debris is in the gutter).
- K-Guard is the only gutter system with 45 degree by 45 degree inside corners which eliminate “chokepoints.” Water is allowed to flow around the corner and get to the downspout, even as water from the roof corner is trying to enter the gutter. Traditional gutters do not solve this problem and are likely why you see leaky and overflowing corners.
- Lifetime-Clog Free Guarantee.
- Guarantee transferable for the life of the home.
K-Guard vs. Gutter Covers and Filters
- K-Guard will never void your roof’s warranty. Although many competitors say their product will not void a warranty, we suggest you read the fine print, especially from major roof suppliers like Owens Corning. Others may require annual cleaning with a fine tooth brush. Doesn’t sound like “maintenance” free to us.
- Filters create a “shelf” where seeds, whirlybirds, pollen, etc can sit on the shelf, eventually falling in and creating a “gutter garden,” not ideal for diverting water and eliminating maintenance. These “shelves” end up failing to divert water, leaving you with the same issue of drainage and maintenance. Check out this video from an unhappy “filter” customer.
- Filters can clog from tiny roof granules, too small for wind removal and again, creating a “shelf.”
K-Guard vs. The “Other” Complete System
Key Problems with the “Other” Complete Systems
- SMALLER – At only 4 and 5/8 inches, it has less capacity to move rain through the gutter system.
- Narrow with No Trough Support – Is it smiling at you? Over time, the trough of the gutter will sag and eventually create a large enough gap for birds to be able to force their way in.
- No Rear Drainage Channel – Wind can easily “blow back” rain and snow towards the home. Without a rear drainage channel, there is no to protection of the fascia board which can ultimately lead to the system pulling away from the home.
- Problems in the Long Run – For long gutter expanses over 20 feet, a back flash is installed behind the roof’s drip edge. If the gutter is not properly tucked behind it, water will leak behind the gutter and run down the fascia board causing moisture to be trapped. Eventually, the wood will rot, and your gutters will pull away from your house
Leaf Filter Teardown
Here is a video detailing the problems with gutter filters and why the homeowner replaced them with the K-Guard Leaf-Free Gutter System.
Schedule a Free In-Home Estimate Today!
What Our Clients Say About Us
I added a roof over my deck and needed 22′ of gutter and a two-story downspout. This, being such a small job, was not of interest to most gutter installation companies I spoke with. Jackson and K-Guard took on the job and managed to complete exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it. The workmanship is excellent and the communication top-notch. Highly recommended.
– Jacque N.
I am very pleased with the responsiveness, workmanship, and friendly demeaner of all the staff. My gutters leaked and clogged with leaves for decades and within two weeks of calling K-Guard, all those concerns are gone. The day after the gutters were installed there was a torrential downpour. Before the installation, water would have poured over my decrepit gutters like a waterfall. The K-Guard gutters performed perfectly, and I’m very much looking forward to no more “de-leafing” the gutters in the fall.
– Paul S.
My wife and I decided we were too old to be climbing on the roof to clean our gutters, so we contacted K-Guard for an estimate. The sales person was very professional and gave us an excellent presentation and a to-the-penny estimate for replacing our old, decrepit gutters. They scheduled their installation ten days later and we couldn’t be happier. The crew was prompt and did a thorough job, including cleanup. I heartily recommend this vendor.